Sunday, February 08, 2009

For Those Of You Who Have Being Paying Attention...

Last week was very, very busy, and the weekend hasn't been much better.

Sig, the point is it is my motto, and I was pointed to that site which can be used to create such seals.

To those who participated in the headline contest, the answer is having government getting any deeper in to mortgages is wrong wrong WRONG!

I got my new book this week. It is "The Christian Life and Character of the Civil Institutions of the United States", by Benjamin F. Morris. I have been so busy, I have not had a chance to really start reading it, but in reading the introduction, which was written April 14, 1863, by Byron Sunderland, it have found it remarkably prescient. An example?

"Our unparalled liberty has degenerated into dissolute indulgence; we have been so long without the burdens of government as to have almost forgotten the price of our birthright and to have cast away the only safeguards for its continuance; we have proved ourselves unworthy of our inheritance, in our contempt of the virtue which alone provides protection to our society, in our blind disregard of the Christian foundations on which alone the great interests of a nation can permanently rest."


I think I am going to really enjoy this book.