Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Phone Call

Heirs One and Two are staying the night with Papa and Nana tonight. Mrs. BiW is working late, so I decided to stay here at the office for while, do a little extra work, and waste time until traffic doesn't suck. I wanted to see how everyone's day at school progressed, so I called over to my in-laws.

"Hello?"

"Hi [Heir No. One]!"

"DAD!"

"How are you doing?"

"GREAT! We're eating dinner!"

"What are you having?"

"Hamburgers!"

"Your favorite."

"Yeah, and [Heir No. Two]has Ketchup all over his shirt."

"That'll happen. How was your day at school?"

"Great! I got a green day! Here, say hi to [Heir No. Two]

sound of fumbling

"Hi [Heir No. Two]!"

"DA! unintelligible, uninteligible, unintelligible DA! BA!"

phone goes back to big brother

"I gotta go back to dinner. See you tomorrow Dad. I love you."

"I love you too."


I love the fact that they both are always happy to see or hear from me. It is great comfort sometimes. Now if we could just get some more progress on the little one's diction...