Friday, November 14, 2008

Reports of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated...

...so put my stuff down, dammit. You can't have it yet.

Seriously, I was just kind of on chill mode in the aftermath of the election. While some things never change (politicians lie and do things that they shouldn't or are suspicious), sometimes I have to step back for a bit and reset my focus. The problem with doing that is that I then start asking all sorts of uncomfortable questions. I can direct the first one to my fellow conservatives. Hey! You guys! WTF??? I mean, WTF??? Have you listened to yourselves? Zero hasn't taken office yet, and still, any utterance is treated as a done deal. Yeah, I read about his plan for compulsory voluntary service, and his civilian army that he wants to have better funded than the real Army. But right now, its just that. A plan. Yes, I know that his party will have a majority in Congress, and yeah, I know party leaders are so far left that they bleed hammers and sickles, but not everyone in Congress is an idiot. These people will remind the others of the little problems they have with their plans, like the 13th Amendment. Then there was the howling over the memory-holing of the detailed agenda on his website. Duh. What do you think would happen if he actually tried to rule from the left, where that agenda sat,instead of from the center? Yeah. That's what I thought. As for the analysis of every single word, and every announcement? I see us sounding like THEM. I'm not saying that we do not need to be vigilant. I'm not saying we need to trust him. I'm not saying that he isn't out to revoke the 2nd Amendment and change our government. I'm not an idiot. I am saying the pointing and howling at every little thing is not really worthwhile. Having solid plans to react to certain activities? That is worthwhile. Speaking out when he is clearly wrong? That is worthwhile. Ridiculing every moronic move made? Worthwhile and satisfying. I'm not saying that criticism is bad. You should know me better than that. What I am saying is that it won't hurt to wait until he and the Keystone Kommunists in Kongress actually DO SOMETHING.

On a lighter note, I spent the day getting Continuing Legal Education credits in Tacoma. It was an unusual CLE. They actually fed us real a breakfast and lunch. I also learned more about issues to address when your client inherits real estate that may be polluted.

All better now? Good, 'cause you were all starting to sound like KosKids.