Friday, May 26, 2006

With Priorities Like These...

Read on MSN today about scientists who have had some success in rabbits with artificial penises. How would you like to write that research grant proposal? I have to admit, it got my attention, in that weird "I-can't-turn-away-from-the-train-wreck-in-front-of-me" way. The implication is that if they can develop a procedure that works, they may also be able to develop similar methods for other organs. New hearts for cardiac patients, new pancreas for diabetes patents, etc. Sure, it is an intriguing possibility, but who decided that penises were a priority? Why is success with rabbits progress? Because it is another thing to keep you distracted from the things that matter, like say illegal immigration, a treacherous media, the threat of muliculturalism, and so on. Guess that makes me gulity for perpetuating interest in the story. So be it.

http://health.msn.com/centers/mensexualhealth/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100136192&GT1=8165