Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Time to Unsheath the Clue Bats

I came back to the office with my lunch and found this story waiting for me.

AMSTERDAM - A Roman Catholic Bishop in the Netherlands has proposed people of all faiths refer to God as Allah to foster understanding, stoking an already heated debate on religious tolerance in a country with one million Muslims.

WTF? I mean WTF?

Bishop Tiny Muskens, from the southern diocese of Breda, told Dutch television on Monday that God did not mind what he was named and that in Indonesia, where Muskens spent eight years, priests used the word "Allah" while celebrating Mass.

Great. Another "let's subordinate our culture to that of others" knucklehead.

"Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? ... What does God care what we call him? It is our problem."

Uhhh, Bishop Tinybrain? God is God and "Allah" ain't him. "Allah" is an excuse for 13th century misfits to take acting up to the next level and start killing people for refusing to pray to a rock.

Call me crazy, but I think that Pope Benny might have a thing or two to say to this guy.