Sunday, January 06, 2008

Busy, busy, busy

Nahhh, it wasn't post-holiday letdown as SoCal suggested, just busy. End of the week craziness on Friday...two rush projects at work...I love it when the Boss walks in my office at 1 and says client x needs a comprehensive Non-Compete Agreement by 3, with these specific provisions (pulling out a full legal size page of notes with an attachment) and I have already advised them about the potential issues, but make sure it all goes with the coverletter as well, and then giving me another rush project at 4. I was pretty tired when I got home, but still not ready to sleep.

Mrs BiW and the boys were sick yesterday and today, so in taking care of them, doing the laundry, and taking the Christmas tree down (it takes forever to get all those ornaments back into their individual boxes!), it was a busy day again. Was 378.3 at the morning weigh-in, in case anyone cares. Also got a phone call from my brother Alex, which means AT&T fixed his modem. Sounds like life is still ok in Britanistan, but I have to confess, I hope when he is done with this assignment at Ford, he applies to Boeing and moves out here. It would be cool to have a partner in crime again.

I woke up this morning with a gutterspike-in-the-eyesocket headache, but I still had to run something up to church for the F-I-L, and get all the sheets in the house changed, run more laundry, keep the boys from killing each other, etc. Not that you care about any of this, but it at least lets you know that I wasn't sitting on the couch, eating Doritos and watching westerns all day long. Did see a fun movie last night, though. "I Married a Witch" with Frederic March and Veronica Lake. Kinda risque for the time period, relatively tame by today's standards, but I had to laugh out loud at his distress at finding a deshabile' Veronica Lake in his bed. I can name several potential reactions, but distress would not have been one of them.