Sunday, November 02, 2008

An Object Lesson...For Both Sides

From the evil AP, who still refuses to pay bloggers for directing traffic to their pathetic excuse for a news organization comes a story of a Grosse Pointe Woods resident who refused to give Halloween treats to "Obama supporters, liars, tricksters or kids of supporters."

Naturally, this story is so newsworthy that the AP had to report on it. It was after all a lesson for such people in choices. You make a choice that will take away from me, I can do the same. But my absolute favorite part?

"When asked about children who were turned away empty-handed and crying,"


That damn sense of entitlement rears its ugly head again. Turned away crying? Seems like a bit much to me. Last time I looked, we still had a choice about who we share our bounty with. Another reason to look forward to Obama's HOPE! and CHANGE!, I guess. Mandatory Halloween Candy for all!