Wednesday, June 06, 2007

A Bone to Pick...

I usually listen to the Michael Savage show when driving home from the office. I think he sometimes self-indulgent and almost a parody of himself, but there is no questioning his conservatism. I even liked his sometimes guest host, Douglas Urbanski, until today. When I got in the car at a quarter after five, he was talking about the media's attempts to crown a republican candidate that Shillary could beat. Then he said that Fred Thompson was a great example of such a creation by the liberal media, and how he isn't electable.

Come again? A creation of the liberal media? Unelectable?

He continued to give his take on the latest debate, and how he felt that Romney wasn't getting the exposure that he felt necessary because the media recognizes him as a threat to Shrillary, but never really gave any reasons why he felt that the Fred buzz is a product of the left-leaning media. I listened for the next 45 minutes, and the only thing I could glean in the way of an objection is that Fred is an actor, but isn't Reagan and doesn't have his political experience. He feels that the buzz is due to Fred's most recent acting gig.

What an ass. Until it had come up, I didn't know Fred had been on Law and Order. I'm lawyer. I live it, and with few exceptions, I don't find watching it to be that entertaining. Do I think the acting experience is a plus? Absolutely, but I like the Senator because he gets it. Listen to the commentaries. Read the text. Even without the sonorous delivery, you can tell the guy understands what is at stake, and the lack of political experience makes me believe he won't be beholden to anybody. As for being a creation of the left-leaning media, I can't say I've read much of anything from the MSM outlets about him.

Mike, I like your show, even when I disagree with you, but Doug resorted to the lefty tactic: throw the bomb and run. You wanna convince me? Bring me something substantial.