Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I was listing to a columnist talking to a commentator about putting spyware on his kid's computer this morning...

And there were some real gems in the conversation.

"Parenting is not for the faint of heart."
No kidding. I have been peed on, a vomit target, the youngest expects me to help him wipe his butt, and he occaisionally beats the crap out of his older brother. Case in point? last night both were in the bathtub. Big one starts tickling the little one, little one smacks the big one in the head with a toy. Big one gets egg sized lump on his forehead.

At this rate, I am going to be a triage expert before they leave home.

The next great comment: "The internet is forever. Once you hit the send key, it can always be found."
Which is why the spyware prompted an "Absolutely." from me. Between the things that are available, and the perverts looking for a mark, no question I will monitor what they do on the web. Always.