Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Holidays

I think I am one of 5 attorneys working this week, and frankly, I don't want to be here this July 3rd afternoon. The good news is that tonight is dance lesson night. Mrs. BiW and I practiced last night. I think one of the reasons that "it feels right" this time is that she is having to learn things also. She danced when she was younger, so consequently, she is used to knowing what she is doing. This translates into her leading. She can't do that in swing dancing, and it is hard. We had to work on hand positions for a few minutes last night so she could feel me push as well as pull. She got it. She is having trouble with the West Coast Swing steps also. Fair is fair, though. I have real trouble with the East Coast Triple Step, which is the one she really wants to do. Its ok though, because we both have to work on it. Together. Without children.

Did I mention that I really look forward to these date nights?

Bought a Mega Millions ticket. $106 Million means we don't have to work and we get to take a few trips. Plus a whole lot o stuff gets taken care of. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If I could pay off my lawschool loans, maybe I could learn a trade and work with my hands. It would be nice to step away from my work at the end of the day and see something that has actually been completed instead of a pile of paper.

Y'all have a good fourth. I'm gonna do some stuff with my family and be back here on the 5th, moving more paper around on my desk.