Friday, August 22, 2008

So I Took Heir No. One To The Movies Last Weekend



It was hot outside. Cool in the theatre, and he and I think the Clone Troopers rock like Elvis when he was young and cool.

If you simply take it for what it is, that is to say, a cartoon, it is fun. The guy in the center, he's Captain Rex. I took a real shine to Captain Rex. In addition to being Anakin Skywalker's right hand man, he was a professional through and through. Never whining, never complaining. When the odds were bad, and his troops were getting their asses kicked, he simply manned up, and kept shooting. When Skywalker and his padawan had to bail on him, leaving him out numbered and facing annihilation, his response to the bad news? "I understand sir. The mission comes first." Out-freaking-standing. I made sure the Heir caught that.