Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ye Shall Know Them By the Company They Keep...

Another of the Obamessiah's close associates opens mouth and inserts foot.

Another pastor complicates Obama’s campaign
Priest mocks Clinton as feeling entitled to nomination because she is white

MSNBC and NBC News
updated 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
CHICAGO - Sen. Barack Obama sought Thursday night to extinguish a burgeoning controversy over another Chicago minister who supports him, denouncing the comments of a Catholic priest who said “a whole lot of white people [are] crying” because a black man was within reach of the Democratic presidential nomination.

Can you say race-baiting? I knew you could.

The remarks by the Rev. Michael Pfleger, a white minister known as “Chicago’s renegade priest” for his liberal social activism in the city’s black community, came from the pulpit of Trinity United Church of Christ, the same church where sermons by the Rev. Jeremiah Wright came under scrutiny from critics who called them anti-American and racially divisive.

Can I be disgusted yet?

Pfleger, pastor of predominantly black St. Sabina’s Catholic Church, who fiercely defended Wright even as Obama eventually rejected his support, sounded similar themes Sunday in a guest sermon at Wright’s church.

Yeah, well "Hate Whitey" is much easier than actually, you know, writing a sermon.

Saying he was seeking to “expose white entitlement and supremacy wherever it raises its head,” Pfleger mocked Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York for appearing to weep at a campaign appearance before the New Hampshire primary in January, saying she was crying because “there’s a black man stealing my show.”

He should feel lucky that I don't get to expose idiotarianism the way I would prefer...by means of a screaming purple dot that leaves its mark on them.

“She always thought, ‘This is mine. I’m Bill’s wife, I’m white and this is mine,’” Pfleger said in his fiery sermon.

He got it wrong. She feels entitled because she's "The Smartest Woman in America". Just ask her. She'll tell you.

As the racially mixed congregation responded “Amen!” and “Yes, sir!” Pfleger pretended to cry and shouted: “And then out of nowhere came him, Barack Obama. And she said: ‘Damn! Where did you come from?! I’m white! I’m entitled! There’s a black man stealing my show!’

No. She's mad because he has no experience, no brains, and keeps company more contemptable than her own.

“She wasn’t the only one crying!” he said. “There was a whole a lot of white people crying!”

Because they realize there is very real chance that this knucklehead is going to get elected and start dismantling whatever the terrorists don't destroy.

Then, sensing that he may have gone too far, Pfleger added: “I’m sorry. I don’t want to get you in any more trouble. The live streaming [video] just went out again.”

"You mean someone will see me being an asshat? Oh, Snap!"

Obama, priest issue statements
After conservative commentators and Fox News Channel latched onto Pfleger’s remarks, which received wide circulation on YouTube and conservative political blogs, Obama released a statement late Thursday repudiating the priest, who resigned from the campaign’s pastoral advisory committee several months ago.

Preist? Which church? I don't recall the part of the Bible said "Thou shalt be racially devisive." Maybe it was in the Inner-City Translation.

“As I have traveled this country, I’ve been impressed not by what divides us, but by all that unites us,” he said. “That is why I am deeply disappointed in Father Pfleger’s divisive, backward-looking rhetoric, which doesn’t reflect the country I see or the desire of people across America to come together in common cause.”

"Damn, they nailed another of my spiritual advisors."

Pfleger issued a separate apology Thursday, saying his remarks were “inconsistent with Sen. Barack Obama’s life and message, and I am deeply sorry if they offended Sen. Clinton or anyone else who saw them.”

"I'm deeply sorry I got caught. Now I won't get to collect the spoils when we come to take away everything that you whiteys have worked for all your lives."

There was no immediate reaction from the Clinton campaign.

As they were all in a closed-door meeting plotting how to Vince Foster his ass.

Of course, the MSM left out the choicest bits of his unconscionable race-inspired frothing at the mouth. Here is the link to the transcript of his "sermon".

And because they are so incredibly insipid, here's how he really feels:

I must now to address the one who says, 'don't hold me responsible for what my ancestors did.' But you have enjoyed the benefits of what your ancestors did! And unless you are ready to give up the benefits — Throw away your 401 fund! [sic] Throw away your trust fund! Throw away all the money that been put away in the company you walked into 'cause your daddy and your granddaddy and your great grandaddy —

(screaming at the top of his lungs)

Unless you are willing to give up the benefits, then you must be responsible for what was done in your generation! 'Cause you are the beneficiary of this insurance policy!


This guy is as insulting as he is dangerous.

Memo to the good father: "I don't owe the black man a damn thing. I didn't enslave anyone, and I sure as Hell am not holding anyone down. If anything, as a white male, I suffer from racism to a much greater degree. The only difference is that the racism I face is not just institutionalized, it is embraced by society, which chooses to call it "affirmative action" or "diversity", which in the 70's subplanted merit as a means for hiring and advancement in the workplace. And we have suffered ever since. I know it is easier for you to sell taking something from those who have worked for it than it is to sell hard work and perseverence, but you seem to have mistaken "the land of the free" for the "Land where everything is free for the taking". Don't make this mistake, and get yer eyes of the meager bits I work my tail off for, sir.