Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Hour of the Wolf

I believe that's what its called. That period when it is no longer night, but not yet morning. The time when you realize that there simply is no point in going back to bed, so you may as well stay up. Its also that period when you start asking yourself questions you otherwise wouldn't. Leave it to my over-analyzing brain to pick a winner this time. Is a faith that you constantly must replenish in the word worthy? Worthy of what? I can't say I know. I can say that I have found some really terriffic passages. I can also say that at moments, my doubts seem to eclipse my belief. Very well. Its funny the things that come to you. Like Blue Rodeo's The Days In Between.

"Seven times down, eight times up.
You get lost for a while and you feel like giving up.
Watching it all go to Hell
Living underneath a bad spell
These are the days in between."