Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sunday Morning Conversation

Heir No. One (who is almost 8) got in bed with me again this morning. Another nightmare. As he was telling me about it, little brother started yelling from his room. Heir No. One was not dissuaded. "Dad, I guess its time to get up. What's the plan for today?"

"Well, E, I need to get a shower because I didn't get a bath last night like you and your brother. I should probably shave. (5 days and counting now). "

*as he reaches up and grabs my face* "No way, Dad, I want to see you finish growing a beard."

"Hmmm. I'll tthink about it."

"Then what?"

"Breakfast for you and your brother, ironing clothes for church, getting dressed, going..."

"After, Dad, After!"

"Then home for lunch, I want you to do some homework, then you can play."

"Then what?"

"I dunno. Bed?"

"Daaaaadddd. You forgot dinner."

"I did?"

"Daaaddd!"

"We have to have dinner."

"If you insist."

Really, he makes it too easy sometimes. :lol: