Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What I Needed To See In The Debate

I waited for McCain to look in the camera and say “America, the choice is simple, you can vote for me and decide for yourself how to spend your money, or you can vote for my opponent and hope that he lets you keep the change.”

The best moment for my money? When McCain called Obama "Senator Government". Kinda sad when the best line was unintentional and so far, unrecognized by the media.

Honestly, McCain had a great point with across the board spending freezes and cutting spending. Obama just about yelped. He wants to get rid of the programs that don't work and get more money to the ones that do. It really has never occured to either of these guys that we have too many "programs" now. It really is about finding reasons to spend our money. I honestly cannot understand how this is good policy or is in any way intelligent.

***Update: I just heard Hannity recognize the "Senator Government" line.