Thursday, December 06, 2007

I recently changed...

...my life motto from "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished" to "Every Day Is An Adventure."

And Yes. It is. It has been liberating to consider the fact that I am not really in control, and that there is nothing I can do about it. That means I can spend my entire life getting cranked up about things beyond my control, or I can take everything as it comes, plan as well as I can, and be willing to be flexible when I hit a riptide that drags me far out to sea and away from my planned destination.

The last riptide has put me in a place where I can't see the shore, and the sea and the sky don't look quite right. I don't know which direction I'll be heading next, but at least I can thank God that I know how to swim, and that I am not too tired to do so yet. Oh look! A really big wave...