Thursday, November 29, 2007

And the answer is...

I really don't know whether to feel flattered or insulted. Y'all must think I'm a man-whore, or I am just a prude.

1. I once worked for a foreign government in their capital. True. Sorry to hand you your fifth loss, Sohos. 1993, I interned in the Canadian House Of Commons in the Office of Ken James, MP from Sarnia-Lampton. I actually held a security clearance while there. Go figure.

2. I marched in the Electric Light Parade at DisneyWorld. True. I was in eighth grade, and it was an experience I won't soon forget...for many reasons.

3. An appointment to the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs was mine for the asking. True. I had already talked to my senator, but then I had a one on one with a third year cadet from West Point. Then I realized that maybe it really wouldn't work for me.

4. I walked away from a rollover accident. True. That was a really really shitty week, and that was just the capper. Enough Said.

5. I was once shot at in my parent's living room. True. It was the day after Christmas. I was 14. I was sitting on the couch in front of my parents' picture window. Suddenly, there was a crashing sound, and glass was flying everywhere. I looked around thinking my Mom hung something up for the holidays that fell down and broke. When I stood up and turned, I saw an Arrow sticking out of the back of the couch, inches below where my head was. I'm still particular about sitting with my back to the window today.

6. I had a pin surgically implanted in my wrist to set a broken bone. True. I don't recommend running into pavement at 25 mph. It hurts. A lot.

7. I have touched a piece of the Titanic. True. Sorry. I went the exhibit at the Pacific Science Center in Seattle. They had a big piece of the hull on display. I don't remember a prohibition against touching it. I do know that I did touch it. I was disappointed because they didn't have more of the paper artifacts recovered from the wreck.

8. A stripper took me home from a frat party once when I was in college. False. C'mon, guys. Please. The strippers who came to our frat parties...I wouldn't touch them with a Theta Chi's di...you get the point.

Thanks for playing.