Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Polar Shift

As I read the verses referred to me by the fyreman (thank you, sir!), I came to realize, if only for a moment, how I have shifted in the last year and a half from being an "Old Testament" reader to a "New Testament" reader.

As My eyes have been opened to more and more, I found more and more that is true and applicable in the New Testament. So much that speaks to things going on in my life and around me right now:

Ephesians 6:12

Hebrews 12:26-29

Colossians 2:8

Galatians Chapter 5

1 Corinthians 10:13, ok ALL of 1 and 2 Corinthians.

and Ephesians 6:12 comes a little bit more into focus when reading C.S. Lewis' The Screwtape Letters.

I am tired, and still I am thankful because I understand that I am in the hands of a creator who loves me and wants what is best for me.

Which brings me to the best Thanksgiving message of all:

"Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I say rejoice. Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

Phillipians 4:4-7 NKJV