Thursday, November 08, 2007

A Bitchy Inner Monologue...

...rules the roost this evening.

An insulting and inappropriate article on "Shariah and Estate Planning" in the issue of the Bar News that came today...more on that later. Suffice to say that it has finally pushed me over the edge. There will be a letter going out on this.

Off to my in-laws for their birthday party for Heir No. One, who turns the ripe old age of Eight tomorrow. It was a nice meal, and he seemed happy enough with the Voltron toy (Thanks Aunt Stefie) and the two Lego Bionicles from Papa and Nana. Only had to deal with the question I was dreading once.




Then off to the bookstore to look for a recommended tome. I'm always annoyed when I go to Border's and they don't have what I'm looking for. Having to hold my hand over my eye so I could read the titles was a bit frustrating too. I don't mind people looking at me like I'm a freak if I'm actually trying to be freakish, but otherwise...

And then home again to a quiet and empty house. I wish I could say that it doesn't hurt anymore, but that would be a lie of Clintonian proportion. I saw a sign on a local church the other day that says "God either helps us with our burden, or strengthens our back muscles." I'm trying to figure out if either has happened yet. I caught myself yesterday looking at job listings in other states. I saw that The Walt Disney Company is looking for some attorneys. I thought that this is something that she might find amusing, being the Disney maniac that she is, so I called her to tell her while I was driving into work this morning. Her response was basically "You'd have to live in California and take the bar there." I said that if it was the right job, I might consider it. More silence. I asked if that was a problem. She said no, that I just caught her off guard.

Then on to check my email. Yahoo's spam guard is non-existent. For every real message, I get about 20 lottery, Mr. DR. Abu Jamal trying to get me to help them smuggle money out of Nigeria. I heard a sermon the other day about the greatest challenge of the 21st Century for churches is to help people build relationships, because that is the connection that is so important in a world where we are kept on the run with electronic devices calling for our attention every minute of the day. I have had a lot of time to think about the relationship I haven't nurtured, and how that now that I get it, I am met with a closed door. This would be easier if I didn't know how lonely I have been for the last year and half, and not being able to share any of that with the one person who I ought to be share it with is a very hard thing.

I'm glad everyone will be here tomorrow for E's Birthday. It will be nice to be a family again, even if it is only for a few hours. Its too quiet around here when everyone is gone.

Enough of my bitching. I just robbed you of three minutes you'll never get back. Sorry.